Why Orthodontic Treatment Should Be Your New Year’s Resolution
It’s a new year, and we think 2021 is a good time to share your cheerful smile without fear! While orthodontic treatment will help to improve the look of your smile, there are many other benefits as well! Our team at Windermere Orthodontics wants to help you choose the right treatment for your oral health concerns, as well as your lifestyle. Below are a few reasons why we think orthodontic treatment should be your New Year’s resolution.
The Health Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
While orthodontic treatment aligns the teeth and jaws for esthetic purposes, it also plays a role in your periodontal health and immune system. Proper teeth alignment can also correct jaw issues that may interfere with your ability to function. Here at Windermere Orthodontics, we offer professional and customized orthodontic treatment plans to improve your oral and overall health.
Here are some other benefits of effective orthodontic care:
- Improved appearance
- Aligned teeth are easier to clean and floss, improving your overall oral hygiene
- Easier chewing of food
- Minimize wear or chipping of teeth due to grinding
- Minimized risk of injury from protruding teeth
Orthodontic Treatment Options
If you are looking for orthodontic services for yourself or your children, our Cumming and Suwanee orthodontist, Dr. Gorlovsky can assist you! You can choose from various treatment options such as:
- Braces for kids, teenages and adults: Through the use of wires and brackets, braces can help fix crooked, crowded and/or protruding teeth. Wires are changed over time to guide the teeth into alignment.
- Invisalign: with Invisalign, you can discreetly and conveniently straighten your teeth without others knowing. The series of clear plastic aligners are also removable, meaning no diet or lifestyle changes.
How to Take Care of Orthodontic Appliances
Our team recommends that those with fixed appliances, such as braces, follow these care tips:
- Follow the proper brushing techniques .
- Avoid certain foods such as bagels, apples, and other foods that are tough to biteFor Invisalign, please follow these tips:
- Clean your aligners every time you brush your teeth
- Don’t use an abrasive material when cleaning aligners
- Don’t eat with the aligners in your mouth
Get Professional Orthodontic Help in 2021!
If you are looking for orthodontic treatment in Cumming or Suwanee, fill out our appointment form and book a free consultation today! We provide a variety of treatment options such as clear braces, Invisalign and much more! Best of luck with your 2021 resolutions, and we can’t wait to see you soon!