After having to close our practice for weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we couldn’t be happier to return to work and see our patients’ smiling faces! Our team has taken the time to implement extra precautions to help ensure a safe environment upon your next appointment. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when you come in.
Please see below for details on what to expect during your next visit to Windermere Orthodontics.
- We are rescheduling patients on a first-cancelled-first-rescheduled basis.
- We will call you to reschedule your cancelled appointment.
- Daily appointments will be reduced to allow for proper sanitization and social distancing measures.
- Emergencies will continue to only be defined by pain or bleeding.
- We ask that all patients wait in their cars and call us at 770-888-1929 to inform us of your arrival.
- All patients will receive a Wellness Survey 24 hours prior to their appointment that must be filled out before arriving.
- You will be required to have your temperature checked by our Wellness Coordinator upon arrival.
- To avoid inaccurate temperature reads, we ask that you please avoid exercising and eating anything hot or cold for 30 minutes before your appointment.
- Please bring your own face mask to your appointment as our supplies are low.
- The tooth-brushing station will be used only as a hand-washing station. PLEASE BRUSH YOUR TEETH AT HOME.
- Patients will be asked to rinse with hydrogen peroxide when in the treatment chair.
- Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during one visit due to strict scheduling times.
- Aerosol generating procedures such as braces removal or aligner attachments will be limited to certain times of the day.
- We love chatting with you, but we ask that all conversations are kept to a minimum to allow time for disinfecting treatment chairs and sterilization of instruments.
- The coffee and cookie station will be closed.
Extra Safety Measures
- We have invested in a PECO technology air purification unit to run in the clinic area.
- A new disinfection process with HOCl fogging will be used several times a day for maximum disinfection purposes.
- Our instrument sterilization process will continue to be monitored by an outside company to assure safety.
- Our team is undergoing extra training to safely work in our new environment.
- Full protection recommended by regulatory bodies is being used.
- We’re offering virtual appointments for certain types of visits.
We’ve missed you and hope you’ve been staying safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. We are here for both our new and existing patients and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.